[sync] Re: Access denied accessing horde/rpc.php

Deryk Piper deryk-lists at mod-soft.com
Mon Mar 21 13:15:29 PST 2005

> > If I try to access horde/rpc.php directly with IE or
> Firefox, I get a
> > basic authentication dialog.  My IMP user/pass doesn't work.  I've
> > looked through the rpc.php code and the following block stands out:
>
> That doesn't make much sense. You don't need to be
> authenticated if you
> access rpc.php without parameters.

.. which, at its simplest, could indicate an error with the permissions
at the web-server level.  Except that if I edit the rpc.php file and
replace its contents with a single printf(), I get output back to the
web browser.

That I'm even getting an error message in the Horde log tells me that
rpc.php is executing.  For whatever reason though it's requiring
authentication.

Now, I did a CVS checkout of "horde" and "framework" (and installed the
framework packages), but I copied imp from my production 3.0.3 Horde
installation.  I can't believe that would make a difference, but I'm
mentioning it just the same.

I'm completly stumped at this point.

DP