[sync] Re: Access denied accessing horde/rpc.php

Mon Mar 21 16:18:18 PST 2005

> Quoting Deryk Piper <deryk-lists at mod-soft.com>:
>
> > So then I used a regular browser to hit rpc.php and was getting an auth
> > request, which apparently I shouldn't be getting with a regular browser.
>
> No... I didn't say that. WebDAV requires authentication too.

You didn't say that - Jan Schneider did :)  Jan said that a request to rpc.php
without parms shouldn't require authentication.

> Earlier you mentioned that you couldn't believe that using a release
> IMP vs. HEAD would make a difference. Believe it or not, that's your
> problem (look at the CVS logs for imp/lib/api.php) and you should NEVER
> make that assumption.

Did CVS checkout of IMP, no-go.  Looked over the data going back and forth
between the web server and SyncML client - I don't speak SyncML-ese but the
Synthesis client seems to be mature and there is info in the request that
definitely looks like it has something to do with syncml and vcards.  I was
hoping to at least see a conversation take place between the client and server,
which I could then research properly - I usually figure things out by
reverse-engineering.  At this point the server response is a run-of-the-mill
IIS HTTP error.

It's got to be something in my setup, so I'll start from scratch and try again.

Thanks.

DP