[sync] Re: Access denied accessing horde/rpc.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Mar 21 14:15:39 PST 2005

Quoting Deryk Piper <deryk-lists at mod-soft.com>:

> Going in circles.  Went with a regular browser because the SyncML client
> (Synthesis AG client for PocketPC) was giving me "access denied"
> messages.  Server logs reporting 401 errors.  SyncML client is POSTing
> data so I can't easily get at the exact request.
>
> So then I used a regular browser to hit rpc.php and was getting an auth
> request, which apparently I shouldn't be getting with a regular browser.

No... I didn't say that. WebDAV requires authentication too.

> Tried to figure that out since something obviously isn't right.  Now I'm
> being told to go back to the SyncML client.

Or to otherwise tell rpc.php that you want syncml - this is developer
stuff, you need to hardcode things into rpc.php if you want it to do
non-standard things.

> I'll just play with it.  Just a little frustrating that I can't even get
> a syncml response - right or wrong - cause I keep getting 401 errors
> that I shouldn't be getting.

Earlier you mentioned that you couldn't believe that using a release
IMP vs. HEAD would make a difference. Believe it or not, that's your
problem (look at the CVS logs for imp/lib/api.php) and you should NEVER
make that assumption.

-chuck

Quincy Adams