[sync] Sync fails with T610

Deryk Piper deryk-lists at mod-soft.com
Tue May 10 10:06:20 PDT 2005

> Quoting Emre Bastuz <info at emre.de>:
>
> > When I check syncml_client_0.wbxml for example, I do see some binary data -
> > isn´t this supposed to entirely ASCII?
>
> No. The entire point of wbxml is that it's binary.

Emre -

Don't you have any *.xml files in /tmp/sync?  If not look at earlier messages in
this list regarding the wbxml library.  Through trial and error and tracing the
program flow I discovered that I needed to install the xml2wbxml and wbxml2xml
utilities on my system (my system is Win32 -  so I also have to modifiy some of
the PHP scripts in the framework).  If the utilities were absent then the
conversion from xml to wbxml (and vice-versa) would occur but not very well.

In any event it's the xml files that you want to examine, as those are what
Horde::SyncML parses and generates.

I'm trying to sync my Moto V600 and am running into a peculiar error that I'll
post later, but unquestionably you should see the *.wbxml files and
corresponding *.xml files.

DP