[sync] Palm Tungsten E2 with Synthesis.ch client

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jun 7 14:24:15 PDT 2005

Working through testing a Tungsten E2, using USB serial and Bluetooth
connections to a Powerbook, and using Internet Sharing to allow the PDA to talk
to Horde via a network connection.

Three items:

1)  What union of shares are used when syncing?  In other words, if I add an
event to my Palm, and sync, what calendar will it end up on if I have two of my
own calendars, and access to four shared calendars?

2)  If I create an item on my Palm (Note, Task, Event) and run the SyncML
client, it completes successfully.  However, the items never makes it to its
respective share in Mnemo, Nag, or Kronolith.  My logs are full of:

SyncML: api export call for
nag:demo_user at iu13.org:20050607162246.o0ygcef1n2o at webapps-test.iu13.org failed:
 Permission Denied

The only place they show up is in the DataTree with a group_uid of syncml and
they also make it into nag_tasks or mnemo_memos or kronolith_events but they
just aren't ever tied to a share.

3)  I can get items I create on my Palm to show up in the Datatree, with the
above caveat.  I can get the sync process to build a list of all my
notes/tasks/events and see it in the XML and /tmp/sync/log.txt files.  But even
if I tell the SyncML client on my Palm to overwrite all notes/tasks/events, the
only thing that happens is anything existing is wiped out.  But nothing
Horde-generated is ever written to my Palm, although its sitting in /tmp/sync
as far as I can tell.

Looking down the road, is support for something like "calendar?/dr(-30,10)"
going to work?  I can't tell if that is standard syntax for SyncML or if that's
a Synthesis thing.  Basically, it means "use database calendar with a date
range of 30 days in the past to 10 days in the future".  I think that would be
easy to translate into some SQL that would limit your search but I don't know
enough about SyncML to know if its standard or proprietary, and if the latter,
if its worth supporting for the few who would use clients that support it.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator