[sync] Palm Tungsten E2 with Synthesis.ch client

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jun 8 08:09:54 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> 1)  What union of shares are used when syncing?  In other words, if I add an
> event to my Palm, and sync, what calendar will it end up on if I have
> two of my own calendars, and access to four shared calendars?

Whatever is selected as your default share.

> 2)  If I create an item on my Palm (Note, Task, Event) and run the SyncML
> client, it completes successfully.  However, the items never makes it to its
> respective share in Mnemo, Nag, or Kronolith.  My logs are full of:
>
> SyncML: api export call for
> nag:demo_user at iu13.org:20050607162246.o0ygcef1n2o at webapps-test.iu13.org
> failed:
> Permission Denied

That'd appear to be unrelated since what you're talking about is
import, not export.

> The only place they show up is in the DataTree with a group_uid of syncml and
> they also make it into nag_tasks or mnemo_memos or kronolith_events but they
> just aren't ever tied to a share.

What's the calendar_id or whatever set to them? Do you perhaps not have
a default share preference set?

> 3)  I can get items I create on my Palm to show up in the Datatree, with the
> above caveat.  I can get the sync process to build a list of all my
> notes/tasks/events and see it in the XML and /tmp/sync/log.txt files.
> But even if I tell the SyncML client on my Palm to overwrite all
> notes/tasks/events, the only thing that happens is anything existing
> is wiped out.  But nothing Horde-generated is ever written to my
> Palm, although its sitting in /tmp/sync as far as I can tell.

Logs? Errors? Etc...?

> Looking down the road, is support for something like "calendar?/dr(-30,10)"
> going to work?  I can't tell if that is standard syntax for SyncML or
> if that's a Synthesis thing.  Basically, it means "use database
> calendar with a date range of 30 days in the past to 10 days in the
> future".  I think that would be easy to translate into some SQL that
> would limit your search but I don't know enough about SyncML to know
> if its standard or proprietary, and if the latter, if its worth
> supporting for the few who would use clients that support it.

This I don't know anything about. Karsten?

-chuck

Quincy Adams