[sync] Alert 222

timza timurs at 3priedez.net
Fri Jul 22 09:45:22 PDT 2005

Hello sync,

Here's my situation:
I'm trying to set up a SyncML server.
Latest Horde from CVS installed and running correctly on a mysql
backend. Latest Turba from CVS also installed and running.

And it all works. It actually does.
However, when my phone sends to server the fourth packet, containing
this code in SyncBody:
     <Alert>
            <CmdID>3</CmdID>
            <Data>222</Data?
            <Item>
                  <Target><LocURI>http://my.sync.server.net/horde/rpc.php</LocURI></Target>
                  <Source><LocURI>my_phone_id</LocURI></Source>
            </Item>
     </Alert>
the server then dies with an error "Ivalid database! we can sync only
contacts, calendars, etc etc etc"

this looks to me like the server *thinks* this is a synchronization
request thus defining these Target and Source URI's into syncml's
State 'databases' (server`s and client`s), which _IS_ incorrect. Those
databases should still be left intact as 'contacts' and 'EriPBDB' (for
SonyEricsson phones).

Accordingly, my phone stops sending data when the server has reported
this error...

As I have understood, this Alert code 222 (NEXT_MESSAGE) is not
implemented yet. True?

If so, I definately will do my best to implement this multi-message
support. I'm experienced in php, but new to horde, so it's gonna be
slow. If you could give me any information about where to start, I'd
appreciate it very much. [Alert.php? Commands.php? ... ?]

--
Best regards,
 timza                          mailto:timurs at 3priedez.net