[sync] experience with syncing T630

Anders Karlstrom andersk at sverige.nu
Sun Sep 18 11:56:45 PDT 2005

These are my experiences syncing with SonyEricsson T630 so far.

I have successfully been able to add items from T630 to horde with
WAP/GPRS. It works with calendar and tasks.

Items in the database on the server is however not transferred to the
phone. The phone gives the message "synchronization completed", but not
items have been transferred.

Going to the logs I note the following:

1. there is no /tmp/sync/log.txt. Should there be one?

2. There are a number of warnings with the following content:

Sep 18 20:52:56 HORDE [warning] [horde] SyncML: SyncML: tasks/listBy
failed for delete:DB Error: no such table [on line 127 of
"/opt/lampp/lib/php/Horde/SyncML/Backend.php"]
Sep 18 20:52:56 HORDE [warning] [horde] SyncML: SyncML: tasks/listBy
failed for add:DB Error: no such table [on line 174 of
"/opt/lampp/lib/php/Horde/SyncML/Backend.php"]
rp-40:/tmp# tail -n1000 /tmp/horde.log | grep "no such table"

(Still, new items is transferred from the phone to the server.)

3. There are three sync_xxx_y.xml where xxx=server,client and y=0,1,2 in
/tmp/sync directory. Maybe I should start compiling these, but if someone
knows what I should look for.....

I have quite different problems with the sync4j-outlook client that I will
come back to in a later posting.

Thanks /AndersK