[sync] HowTo: PalmOS simulator installation

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 10:49:15 PDT 2005

Hi,

 > a Palm I don't have a clue how to configure the Simulator accordingly.

OK, I solved this myself: always ask google before posting silly
questions to a list ;-)

Here's a quick HowTo:

1) download Palm simulator (for version 5.4) from
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/simulator/
Free registration required

2) unzip somewhere, start debug/PalmSim_54_dbg.exe, select a suitable
ROM (included in debug dir)

3) Right-click on Simulator and click
    Settings > Communications > Redirect SocketLib Calls to Host TCP/IP

4) download and unzip synthesis client for PalmOS from
     http://www.synthesis.ch/ Trial will do

5) install simulator by dragging the enclosed .rpc file into the
simulator window.

6) start & configure the Synthesis client. Start a sync run.

7) enjoy the error messages

8) continue work on Horde/framework/SyncML to avoid 7) ;-)

Right now I'm busy with step 8)

Cheers
  Karsten