[sync] SyncML: next steps

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Sep 19 11:02:23 PDT 2005

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> thanks for the info (though it seems it blocked me from getting a free
> palm on horde project funds ;-) )

Oh, no, that certainly wasn't my intention and I thought after I sent it, I
should have added the qualifier that it was only a suggestion for you to use
the Simulator to bridge the gap until you get the Palm, and for rapidly
testing
new setups...  Since official Palm support is a biggie for us, I
should've kept
my mouth shut :D  Since I don't think Chuck rescinded the Palm offer, I think
you should still take him up on it :)

> I installed both the simulator (for PalmOS 5.4) and the Synthesis
> client. However I don't get a network connection and as I've never used
> a Palm I don't have a clue how to configure the Simulator accordingly.

I'll have to dig up the info.  There were a number of sets of
instructions I had
to follow, and I think you have to have the Palm Desktop software installed as
well (at least if you want to sync to your local machine for testing purposes
and to pull off the Synthesis logs).

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer