[sync] Thank you and a couple of minor things

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sun Oct 9 04:12:33 PDT 2005

Hi,

 > calendar).  I tried the latest code out of cvs recently against
 > Synthesis on the Palm Simulator using my large (>2k entries)
 > database to

I hope I fixed this. Give it another try. At least my 150 test contacts
synced find now.
BTW: did you manage to "save" the status of the Palm Simulator? For me
this always results in a crash. I have to start with a blank new palm
every time I start the simulator.

 > Second, Synthesis doesn't seem to want to send the password until
 > the  server has specifically requested it.  My authentication
 > back end (IMP)  seems to throw a fatal error if the password is
 > blank, which prevents

thanks for the info. Should be fixed in cvs by now.

 > I still haven't gotten it to work, but I haven't been able to debug it
 > farther yet.  Now that the XML files are no longer generated in
 > /tmp/sync, it is more difficult to follow what is going on.

I know. There's a bit of logging displayed in services/portal/syncml.php
now.

To debug the wbxml I do something like

for a in *.wbxml; do wbxml2xml -m 1 -i 4 -o `basename $a
.wbxml`_conv.xml $a; done

in /tmp/sync. This decodes all wbxml files therein to xml.

Cheers,