[sync] Problem with re-syncing to a new Outlook installation

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Tue Nov 8 10:00:24 PST 2005

Hi,

right, the functionality to really "reset" a sync is still missing.

You can delete all sync data for all devices of one user by doing an sql
statement like

DELETE FROM datatree WHERE group_uid 'syncml' and user_uid = 'yourusername'

This will wipe everything related to syncml for this user, so use with care.

Of course the possibility to reset a sync for one particular database
should be on the setup syncml.php page (or some other page). If haven't
implemented it because the functionality comes down to doing a datatree call

$dt->remove("$user:$device:$database", true);

However the second parameter "true" to enforce recursive deletion of all
children is not implemented yet, see:

http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/framework/DataTree/DataTree.php?r=1.169#128

If someone with datatree experience could implement this, that would
help a lot. Otherwise I'll think of a workaround.

Cheers,
  Karsten