[sync] Syncing experience iPaq hx2410 with Sync4j client

Han Spruyt han.spruyt at ijsselgroep.nl
Tue Dec 20 15:13:02 PST 2005

>> All day events show up on two days on the PDA. An all day event in
>> Kronolith for let's say the 19th of december 2005 has a start time of
>> 00:00 on the 19th and ends on 00:00 on the 20th.
>> This event ends up on the PDA with an end time of 23:59 on the 20th.
>
> Can you send me an example (the BEGIN:VEVENT.. stuff) of an all day
> event sent _from_ the PDA to the server? So I get an idea how the PDA
> expect these events to look like.

input converted for server: text/x-vevent
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20060105T000000Z
DTEND:20060105T000000Z
DTSTAMP:20051220T221827Z
SUMMARY:Vergadering
LOCATION:Zwolle
ORGANIZER:Unknown Organizer
UID:20051220T221827Z at mail.ijsselgroep.nl
END:VEVENT

>> Categories are not synced.
>
> yeah, categories are not yet handled properly. Can you send me an
> example how your PDA does them?

 From what/where would you like an example?

>> No contacts in the PDA, while there are about 20 in my personal
>> address book.
>> No errors in horde.log.
>
> So on the iniaital sync, now contact entries are sent from the server to
> the PDA, right? Will have a look: the procedure for the initial sync is
> different as in this case the entries are not retrieved by the change
> history.

Well, no addresses are sent from Turba to PDA at all.

 From PDA to Turba is OK. When I delete an addres in Turba that was
inserted from a sync it is deleted on the PDA after the next sync.

Basically everything works except Turba to PDA
Add an address in Turba and sync gives the following in the Log page:

  20-12-05 23:38:25  	 7  	 Sync.php:237  	 SyncML: add:
20051220223442.67mshc9c96gw at mail.ijsselgroep.nl
20-12-05 23:38:25 	7 	Sync.php:267 	SyncML: api export call for
20051220223442.67mshc9c96gw at mail.ijsselgroep.nl failed: Ongeldig
adresboek

The Dutch phrase in the end means Invalid address book.

>> A new contact created on the PDA was copied to my address book on a
>> following sync.
>> Next a sync on tasks, same error as on my earlier post.
>
> That's a very strange one. Can you sent me the Log (for example
> http://hordeserver.yours/horde/services/portal/syncml.php) for such a
> session?

Here something funny is going on. I deleted all my existing tasks and
after that it works perfect. I often add tasks by copying mails to my
task list, may be there was some rotten data in my task list because
of that. I will try again with a fresh copy from the production server
later on and try to repeat this error. After all we want to make it
fool proof, right? (Me the fool ofcourse ;) )

Cheers,

Han.