[sync] Sync of Nokia N70

Daniel Andersson horde at addelei.nu
Tue Apr 11 12:55:47 PDT 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to sync (at first) the calendar from Horde to a brand new
Nokia N70. I'm using the latest stable (Horde 3.1.1) but as far as I
could find there were no changes in the CVS compared to this one.

I run into some problems which I think I've found solutions to
(however the code is FUBAR after my hacking so I unfortunatly can't
produce descent patches.

First of all, in XML/WBXML/DTDManager.php I think changes are required
on either line 39 or line 63. The problem is that when data is stored
in the array (function registerDTD, line 63), the key is set to
$publicIdentifier. However when data is looked up in the table
(function &getInstance, line 39-40) the key is
strLower($publicIdentifier). I found at least one occation when
$publicIdentifier was in CAPITALS or SillyCapsed and the lookup thus
failed. I have no idea about which line should be The Right One to
change but I do think that one of them should be changed.

Second, in the XML/WBXML/DTD/SyncML.php we execute setCodePage for
SyncML and MetInf DTD's (lines 75-76 and 79-80). But we don't add
codepages for the DevInf DTD. I had a call to
XML_WBXML_DTD->toCodePageURI() where this one was needed and I _guess_
that we should add this here as well. Or is it that SyncML and MetInf
should be added in their respective classes but DevInf should only be
added in it's own? In that case - why this difference. Anyway - when I
added DevInf here it seemed to go a bit further.

Finally I run into another problem somewhere but now my hacking spirit
is since long gone so I have to continue another day. But it would of
course be intresting to see what the Pro's (yeah, that's You!) have to
say above the above comments.

It would of course also be intresting to see if anyone has any
experience in sync:ing the N70. It seems to be a quite capable phone
and I do hope that I can get this to work (otherwise I know my boss
will force me to install Outlook/Exchange...).

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Andersson