[sync] SonyEricsson K750i & typo in SyncML/Device.php ?

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Wed May 10 02:11:01 PDT 2006

Andy Wright wrote:
> Yes, still getting the "Invalid Response" every time. I did at one point
> see the test note from the phone appear in the log.txt file in tmp/sync
> but that was just a one-off and I haven't been able to get it that far
> again.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help (eg log files etc) with the K750i or
> is it just so different to the other phones as to be a lost cause?

No, it's not a lost cause. When I look at the exchanged messages
everything looks just fine. But the phone doesn't like it. Must be some
tiny detail I'm missing.

So what I basically need is a transcript of a _working_ SyncML session
with your phone and some other SyncML server. So I can see the
difference between a "makes phone happy" and "makes phone unhappy" response.

A way to get this is to try one of the other available SyncML Servers:
have a look at synthesis.ch, sync4j.org, maybe nexthaus.com and download
a demo version of their _server_. Then get it running with a K750i and
mail me a transcript of a sync session.

That would help very much.

Good Luck!