[sync] SonyEricsson K750i & typo in SyncML/Device.php ?

Andy Wright horde at eltofts.homelinux.com
Wed May 10 02:03:01 PDT 2006

Karsten Fourmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andy Wright wrote:
> > My phone is returning $_Man = 'SonyEricsson' in devinf.txt
>
> the "Sony Ericsson" (with space) is used by the P800/900 series. The
> newer phones like the K750i use a completely different syncml
> implementation. For example unlike the P900 they use wbxml encoding.
> So it's actually OK that the string is different and the P800.php
> device class is not used. The device classes are for fine tuning of
> individual fields, basic syncing should work as well even without a
> recognized phone. After all that's what a standard is for, ain't it? ;-)
>
> So much for the good news...
> Unfortunately there were some troubles to get the K750i to sync:
> somehow the phone has always been unhappy with the response from Horde
> and gave an "Invalid Response". Do you still get that? There were some
> enhancements to the wbxml stuff recently, so hopefully it's better now.

Yes, still getting the "Invalid Response" every time. I did at one point
see the test note from the phone appear in the log.txt file in tmp/sync
but that was just a one-off and I haven't been able to get it that far
again.

Is there anything I can do to help (eg log files etc) with the K750i or
is it just so different to the other phones as to be a lost cause?

Andy.