[sync] Can only sync client->server using sync4j Evolution and Horde

Todd Pytel tppytel at sophrosune.org
Fri Aug 4 03:10:56 PDT 2006

(I apologize for the cross-post, but I can't see exactly where the
problem is here.)

I'm working on getting Evolution (2.6.2) to sync its contacts with Horde
(8/3/06 CVS) via SyncEvolution 0.3. The system is Debian Sid, AMD64.
Currently, changes in Evo are correctly propagated to the Horde server,
but contacts added in Horde are not added to the Evolution contacts.
I've attached both the horde.log and the client.log. From those, it
appears that the server is noticing the new entry - it reports
"20060804030109.ck5a5b077pk at webmail.sophrosune.org" and "SyncML:
well - you can see an XML file received with the same identifier. But
the client still reports no modifications to the address book at the end
of the sync, and no modifications are made.

I see some references to improvements with non-Funambol servers in the
syncevolution CVS, but I've so far been unable to build it
(EvolutionSyncSource.h is referencing a non-existent member function
getPreferredTypes). If someone can point out what I need there, I can
test that as well.

Thanks,
Todd