[sync] Forcing Horde to request Authorization

Todd Pytel tppytel at sophrosune.org
Wed Aug 9 07:36:06 PDT 2006

Andy,

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 11:35 +0100, Andy Loughran wrote:

> Aug 08 17:44:40 HORDE [debug] [horde] SyncML: New session created: syncmlscpimdemo12345678 [on line 45 of "/usr/share/php/SyncML/Command/SyncHdr.php"]
> Aug 08 17:44:40 HORDE [debug] [horde] SyncML: Invalid authorization! [on line 271 of "/usr/share/php/SyncML.php"]
> Aug 08 17:44:40 HORDE [debug] [horde] SyncML: authorized= version=1 msgid=1 source=sc-pim-demo target=http://seth user= charset=UTF-8 wbxml= [on line 293 of "/usr/share/php/SyncML.php"]

Most likely, the clients are trying to use md5 authentication, for which
Horde's support is recently added and kind of hacky. Take a look at the
comments in SyncML/Backend.php around line 404 for some more info. If
you're using a secure transport, or if security is not an issue, see if
you can tell the clients to use basic (unencrypted) authentication. For
my evolution client, I can do that by adding

clientAuthType = syncml:auth-basic
serverAuthType = syncml:auth-basic

to the config files. There are probably similar solutions for other
clients.

--Todd