[sync] Bug in contact sync with Sony Ericsson W800i

Anders Tietze hordesync at dk-tietze.dk
Mon Oct 2 12:56:37 PDT 2006

Hi Karsten,

I have just tried to change the name of the contact to a full name but
with the same result.

 From the logfile, the modified contact now looks like:

             <Replace>
                 <CmdID>13</CmdID>
                 <Item>
                     <Source>
                         <LocURI>83</LocURI>
                     </Source>
                     <Meta>
                         <Type xmlns="syncml:metinf">text/x-vcard</Type>
                     </Meta>
                     <Data><![CDATA[BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N;CHARSET=UTF-8:Test;Abe
TITLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:none
ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:Example
TEL;HOME:8888888
TEL;WORK:7777777
TEL;CELL:9999999
TEL;FAX:6666666
TEL:5555555
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF;CHARSET=UTF-8:mail at example.com
URL;CHARSET=UTF-8:www.example.com
ADR;HOME;CHARSET=UTF-8:;;Test 99;Aab;Caba;99;Caba
NOTE;CHARSET=UTF-8:Friend
BDAY:20060930
X-IRMC-LUID:000200000053
END:VCARD
]]></Data>
                 </Item>
             </Replace>

Best regards,
Anders

Karsten Fourmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the calendar issues are on my list. I just hadn't time to look at them.
> Hopefully tomorrow (bank holiday here in Germany)
>
> I think there's currently a problem when the phone only sends the "N"
> element, not "FN" and there's no full name in the "N" field. "Try
> firstname, lastname" or "firstname lastname" instead of just "test".
> Maybe this produces different results.
>

> Cheers,
>  Karsten
>
> Anders Tietze wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> The last few days I have been trying to solve the problem described
>> below but without any success.
>>
>> I would like to help solve this problem, but since I don't have any
>> experience in fixing bugs in the Horde source, I need a little help to
>> find the part of the Horde source that might contain the bug.
>>
>> If you need any more information from the log files or a better
>> problem description please contact me.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Anders Tietze
>>
>> Anders Tietze wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to get SyncML in Horde to work with my Sony Ericsson
>>> W800i and I am able to synchronize my calendar, but I have some
>>> trouble with my contacts.
>>>
>>> When I have done the synchronization with my phone, the name field is
>>> set to blank for all my contacts in Turba.
>>>
>>> I have created a test contact on my phone where I have entered all
>>> the possible attributes and it seems like it is only the name that is
>>> missing.
>>>
>>> If I look at the debug files in /tmp/sync the name information seems
>>> to be present in the vcard.
>>>
>>> ##Start example from file syncml_client_XX_conv.xml ####
>>>             <Replace>
>>>                 <CmdID>13</CmdID>
>>>                 <Item>
>>>                     <Source>
>>>                         <LocURI>83</LocURI>
>>>                     </Source>
>>>                     <Meta>
>>>                         <Type xmlns="syncml:metinf">text/x-vcard</Type>
>>>                     </Meta>
>>>                     <Data><![CDATA[BEGIN:VCARD
>>> VERSION:2.1
>>> N;CHARSET=UTF-8:;test
>>> TITLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:test
>>> ORG;CHARSET=UTF-8:Aa
>>> TEL;HOME:3688
>>> TEL;WORK:333
>>> TEL;CELL:99
>>> TEL;FAX:6666
>>> TEL:66
>>> EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF;CHARSET=UTF-8:ajn
>>> URL;CHARSET=UTF-8:jmj
>>> ADR;HOME;CHARSET=UTF-8:;;;Aab;Caba;99;Caba
>>> BDAY:20060930
>>> X-IRMC-LUID:000200000053
>>> END:VCARD
>>> ]]></Data>
>>>                 </Item>
>>>             </Replace>
>>> ##end of example  ####
>>>
>>> If I export the same contact to a vcard in Turba I get the following:
>>>
>>> BEGIN:VCARD
>>> VERSION:2.1
>>> FN:
>>> EMAIL:ajn at localhost
>>> NICKNAME:
>>> TEL;TYPE=HOME:66
>>> TEL;TYPE=WORK:333
>>> TEL;TYPE=CELL:99
>>> TEL;TYPE=FAX:6666
>>> TITLE:Test
>>> ORG:Aa
>>> NOTE:
>>> ADR;TYPE=HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:=
>>> ;;Aab, Caba 99=0D=0ACaba;;;;
>>> ADR;TYPE=WORK:;;;;;;
>>> BODY: