[sync] Syncing Turba contacts

Håvard Wigtil havardw at pvv.org
Sun Oct 15 08:10:28 PDT 2006

Karsten Fourmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the current default turba (address book) database structure is not very
> suitable for SyncML: only one name field instead of separate first name
> and last name, address in one multi line field instead of split into
> street city and so on.
>
> The attached sql script provides a better structure.
> Run the sql script to create the table. You need to have to
> rename/delete/backup your orginal turba_objects table first.
>
> You also have to use the attached sources.php (in the conf directory) or
> paste it into your existing sources.php if you want to use multiple
> sources.

I don't see any attached sources.php.

But does this mean that it's possible to sync contact photos and birthdays
with current CVS?

I can't find any (relevant) mention of photos in the current Turba sources.
I also tried to use birthdays with your SQL configuration (using
"birthday" from attributes.php), and when I try to store a birthday (e.g.
1975-08-04) it is shown as 01-01-1970 in the GUI, and stored as "1975" in
the database.
I'm guessing that CVS expects a field of another type tha BIGINT here.

Are there changes to CVS that aren't committed, should I use a branch
different from head, or is this just configuration problems on my part?
(Or is there something more to updating from CVS than just "cvs up -dP" in
the horde root directory to update everything?)

--
Håvard Wigtil || http://wigtil.net