[sync] Sync Update: Sync4j and Outlook [Take 3]

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Thu Oct 26 17:46:52 PDT 2006

OK, now that I feel like a moron for spending the morning working on the
wrong updates, I feel like I've redeemed myself for having thoroughly tested
the right 10/26/2006 builds now.

Using Outlook 2003 and 2007 with Funambol Outlook Client 3.0.14 and 3.0.15,
synchronizing with the stable Turba, Kronolith, Nag, and Mnemo releases with
the latest CVS downloads of SyncML, iCalendar, RPC, and WBXML modules, I can
report the following issues:

Notes:
1. Everything works perfectly in both directions!

Tasks:
1. Task Completed Status is not transferred from Outlook to Horde.
2. Task Due Date from Outlook is not cleared in Horde if it was previously
set and later set as "None".
3. Everything works perfectly going from Horde to Outlook!

Calendar:
1. Free/Busy Status is not maintained in either direction.
2. Reminder Time is not calculated properly in either direction.
3. Reminder Time is not cleared if previously set from Outlook to Horde.
4. Recurrence is not cleared if previously set from Outlook to Horde.
5. Recurrence is not set from Horde to Outlook.
6. All Day appointments from Outlook to Horde are not converted to Horde All
Day appointments.
       Actually, I've suggested previously that Kronolith be able to
interpret Outlook All-Day events (12:00am-12:00am, Same Day)
7. All Day appointments from Horde to Outlook result in error:
       Unsupported operand types in /www/horde/lib/SyncML/Device/Sync4j.php
on line:
       $hash['Duration'] = ($end - $start) / 60;

Contacts:
1. Does not transfer Business/Work Address from Horde to Outlook.
2. Does not transfer Freebusy URL in either direction.
3. Updated Contacts from Outlook are duplicated to Horde.

All Components:
1. I'm still having frequent [but not constant] issues with the following
error:
       20:40:23:546 [DEBUG] - Requesting resource /horde/rpc.php
       20:40:54:078 [DEBUG] - Message sent
       20:40:54:078 [ERROR] - HTTP request error: -1
       20:40:54:093 [ERROR] - Error in syncing: HTTP request error: -1
       20:40:54:093 [INFO] - Contacts sync completed with errors

It is entirely possible that there is a problem related to my configuration,
and I welcome any suggestions and input from everyone else if you've
encountered or solved these issues. I am going to work on this more tomorrow
to see if I can be more specific or at least provide logs to examine.

Aaron M. Hall
Muskingum College Web Coordinator
"Some people wish it could happen,
Some people think it will happen,