[sync] SyncML: handling of MaxMsgSize

Han Spruyt han.spruyt at ijsselgroep.nl
Tue Oct 31 11:17:04 PST 2006

Hi Karsten,

> Quoting Han Spruyt <han.spruyt at ijsselgroep.nl>:
>> On first sync, with empty Kronolith and a lot of data on the PDA
>> about 100 items are synced. It claims that the sync was
>> successfull, though.
>
> That shouldn't be. Do you still have the logs of such a session?

No, but it's reproducable. Unfortunately I cleaned up My PDA, and now
there is not enough data on it to reproduve the first part...but the
second part is still true.

I went through four scenario's.

1. Initial a slow sync. After this is completed successfully, al looks
ok on both sides. After a second(normal) sync, however in Kronolith
all entrances are double and in the PDA evry entrance before today is
double.

2. Initial a normael sync and thereafter a normal sync again. Results
exactly as above.

3. Initial a slow sync, then delete all my calendar data and do a
'server reload' sync. Eveything is ok.

4. Then I gave it a shot to do the initial sync as 'server reload' and
that also gave a good result.

Conclusion, I can only get a good initial sync when I do a server reload.

I saved all logs from /tmp/sync for all four scenario's, if you want
them, I will be happy to send them to you off list, because it is my
actual calendar data.

I can test the second PDA again, but it will be next weekend before I
can get hold of it. That one has more data in it than mine.

Han.