[sync] Problems on initial sync with lots of data: solved (hopefully)

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sun Nov 5 10:53:21 PST 2006

Hi,

various people had this error:

when doing an initial slow sync with lots of data on the device, only
some of them got sent. Also subsequent syncs caused duplicate entries to
be created.

This was surprisingly hard to fix: it required quite a bit of internal
changes. The issues have been with the state machine that tracks, which
phase (package) of a sync we are in.

Hopefully this is fixed now in cvs. Special thanks to my girlfriend for
some fruitful discussions on tricky state machine stuff.

I don't have Outlook on my notebook and can't test the Funambol
connector at the moment. As the changes interfere with some special
Funambol handling, please test if changes on the server are properly
replicated to the client (when using Funambol).

I still have to re-run the conformance test suite to see if we're still
fine. However our horde internal tests run ok.

Cheers,
  Karsten