[sync] HordeSync with SonyEricsson W800i and Thunderbird remote calendar

Anders Tietze hordesync at dk-tietze.dk
Fri Feb 23 03:33:53 PST 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Anders Tietze <hordesync at dk-tietze.dk>:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I am using Horde SyncML to sync contacts and calendar with my
>> SonyEricsson W800i and it works fine, but I have found a problem with
>> calendar sync.
>>
>> From my desktop PC I use remote calendar via Thunderbird+Lightning and
>> the horde webdav interface
>> (http://hostname/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/horde_login_name.ics) which
>> works fine.
>
> Do you mean with the WebDAV patch from bugs.horde.org?

I'm not sure which patch you are talking about. I'm just using the CVS HEAD.

>> If I make a new calendar item from Thunderbird, I get all previous
>> calendar items repeated in my W800 calendar the next time I do a sync,
>> even if the Horde calendar does not contain repeated items. This error
>> does not occur if I add a new calendar item via the Horde calendar.
>
> That's the backdraft of how Thunderbird uses WebDAV. It replaces *all*
> events when saving to the calendar, thus they will appear as new events
> in Kronolith and get synched again. At least if that is what you are
> talking about.

The problem is that the events is not marked as updated (I assume), but
as new ones and therefore I get new events in my phone calendar (the
phone keeps the old ones).

Isn't it possible to compare the calendar events from the WebDAV
interface to the actual one in the Kronolith database and from that only
update the events that has changed?

For me it doesn’t matter if I have to sync all events again every time I
make an update from Thunderbird, as long as I don’t get multiple events
in my phone calendar describing the same event.

Best regards,
Anders