[sync] Question on LDAP Address Book Sources

Ben Klang ben at alkaloid.net
Sun Apr 1 15:43:42 UTC 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Ben Klang wrote:

> One behavior I've noticed that seems somewhat specific to SyncML +
> LDAP is, when syncing Contacts, the First Name field doesn't seem to
> be properly handled.

Sorry to answer my own post, but I found the problem.  I had
configured Turba to sync First Name using the "gn" attribute.  The
more proper name for "gn" is "givenName", and that is what the LDAP
server was returning in queries.  By changing the sources definition
to use "givenname" (note it must be lower case in sources.php), the
name sync is now working properly.

Thanks for this great functionality!
/BAK/
--