[sync] Authentication or session problems

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Wed Apr 4 18:12:39 UTC 2007

I've tried to use syncml, but testing has become quite problematic because
of strange authentication/session problems.

I've installed the syncml and horde, imp and turba from cvs head versions.
But now I have a strange problem with authentication with rpc.php:

Does not work:
1. browse to https://..../rpc.php
2. Asks authentication with username and password.
3. From horde debug logs: does not even try to authenticate with horde
application (imp). Loglevel is set to debug.
4. Asks authentication again and login fails always.

Works:
1. Login to horde with authentication method set to application (imp).
2. Logout from horde.
3. browse to https://..../rpc.php
4. Ask authentication with username and password.
5. Correctly uses imap-server configuration from imp as authenticator.

Why would rcp.php fail to get authentication method details from horde if
browser does not have any cookies from the server from a
previous succesfull session?

--
   Leena Heino              University of Tampere / Computer Centre
   ( liinu at uta.fi )      ( http://www.uta.fi/laitokset/tkk )