[sync] syncML-Palm repeating events glitch

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 18 14:37:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Eric Thompson <duetc at etc-consult.com>:

> Before I had decided to try the version I downloaded, I had followed the
> sync-how-to, and had visited the snapshots page, with the cute little remark
> about bleeding edge versions possibly turning tofu purple, and the like, and
> even though I currently have no tofu to be concerned about, I did find the
> repository somewhat confusing.  This is why I decided to try the version I
> did, which was out just in March, and which had an rpc.php file that
> perfectly matched one I checked from the repository.

It's not just a single file though - syncml is a complicated feature
and it involves several framework packages, all of the various
applications you're syncing, and a bit in the horde core, which is the
rpc.php that you looked at.

Basically the Groupware bundles are created from the current stable
branch (FRAMEWORK_3 - http://horde.org/source/versions.php may be
helpful to you), while syncing is only really supported in the HEAD
branch since it's a relatively bleeding edge feature.

> This is why I asked what I need to replace.

You might be able to get something to work by dropping in single
files, but if you run into any trouble we really won't be able to help
you because it's an unsupported combination of versions.

-chuck