[sync] Assistance with SyncML development?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jul 10 02:09:52 UTC 2007

Quoting Julien Sabotage <kaosbunny at gmail.com>:

> I just wanted to state my intent to aid with the development of SyncML in
> Horde.

Great!

> Sitting down and reverse engineer the SyncML portions of the code, as well
> as related applications could be done but I'd prefer if another developer
> could atleast kickstart me a bit and maybe fill me in on what the current
> priorities are/where my help would be needed the most. So if any sync
> developer is reading this, drop me a line on the list or directly to my
> mail.

The best place to start for where help is needed the most is probably
the list of current sync bugs:

http://bugs.horde.org/search.php?queue=54&category%5B%5D=unconfirmed&category%5B%5D=new&category%5B%5D=assigned

Some of what you can do of course depends on what devices you have to
test. But going through the current bugs, updating the wiki pages
related to syncing
(http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=Search&params=sync), and
trying to make things as stable as possible for the upcoming Horde 3.2
would be great.

 From my point of view personally, anything you could do to add
automated testing of any parts of the syncing code and/or process
would be absolutely fantastic.

Welcome!

-chuck