[sync] "Missing Content - Length Header"

Rafael Thiesen rafael at thiesen.com.br
Wed Jul 11 15:21:31 UTC 2007

Hi there.

I have a horde webserver running LAMP on Gentoo, horde groupware
edition version 1.0.
Trying to sync with a Treo 650 running the Funambol plugin v. 3.0.3.

After set the plugin, click on "Synchronize" seems to work for a while
then hang on the error:
"Missing Content - Length Header"

I've got in /tmp/sync:
-rw------- 1 apache apache  2063 Jul  9 19:25 log.txt
-rw------- 1 apache apache     1 Jul  9 19:24 syncml.packetnum
-rw------- 1 apache apache   761 Jul  9 19:24 syncml_client_0.xml
-rw------- 1 apache apache 12129 Jul  9 19:25 syncml_client_1.xml
-rw------- 1 apache apache  1179 Jul  9 19:24 syncml_server_0.xml

The content of log.txt it's
"input received from client (text/x-sifc)
... (long string)...
input converted for server: text/x-sifc
... (long string)..."

The content of my php.log file (unique record of the transaction):
"[09-Jul-2007 19:25:15] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Object of class
PEAR_Error could not be converted to string in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde/lib/SyncML/Backend.php on line 291"

The log of the palm plugin dont help:
"ERROR - Error 0x0803: Missing
Content-Length header"

'tail /var/log/messages' don't report error (just the imapd auth that
seems no problem).

Any ideas? Dont realize what more output/log/config would help debbuging...

Best regards for all.

Rafael Thiesen
Brasil