[sync] Funambol and Outlook All-day events

Loptr Chaote loptr.chaote at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 11:47:15 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have a functional CVS Horde setup with IMP, Kronolith, Turba and a
few more apps running.

Using Funambol 6.5 beta to sync Thunderbird+Lightning with Horde
(Calendar and Contacts) worked flawlessly.

However, the 6.5 beta connector for Outlook does nothing when trying
to sync the calendar between Outlook and Horde, allthough it does seem
to send some data back and forth.
I've reverted back to 3.0.15 for the time being (since the 6.0.x had
some weird behaviour as well) and have come across one particual
problem.

So involved versions in short:
Horde CVS
Funambol Outlook Connector 3.0.15
Outlook 2002

When trying to synchronize All day events from Outlook to Horde it fails.

I've tracked the reason to this:

Excerpts from data.txt:

** This is what an all-day event looks like when sent from Funambol to Horde **

Input received from client (text/x-s4j-sife)
<appointment><AllDayEvent>1</AllDayEvent><Start>2007-11-25</Start><End>2007-11-25</End>..........</appointment>

input converted for server (text/x-vevent):
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20071118T003806Z
DTSTART:20071125T000000
DTEND:-0011129T235959
AALARM:20071124T050000Z
END:VEVENT

** This is what a regular (half an hour) event look like **

<appointment><AllDayEvent>0</AllDayEvent><Start>20071125T070000Z</Start><End>20071125T073000Z</End>...........</appointment>

input converted for server (text/x-vevent):
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20071118T004119Z
DTSTART:20071125T070000Z
DTEND:20071125T073000Z
AALARM:20071125T064500Z
END:VEVENT

I'm sorry if I've cut too much of the data, but from my comparison and
testing the relevant crucial difference seems to be in how the date is
presented from the client.
I'm not sure where to change this (my guess is sif2event() in the
framework/SyncML/Devices/Sync4j.php class) so I'll leave it up to some
more skilled developer.

Also, I included the AALARM row because I wanted to ask if it was a
typo or not (what does the extra A stand for?).

Any feedback, suggestion of more testing, etc is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
 LC