[sync] Synching Birthday-entries?

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Tue Apr 8 15:17:37 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Zitat von Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>

>> Jan Schneider schrieb:

>>> Plans? Yes. In the works? No. Though I'll try to implement this for
>>> address books this week so that I can easily take all my address
>>> books on the road while on vacation. :)
>> What I was thinking about is quite near your plans:
>> - Choosing which addressbook(s) to sync
>> - and making a few tests if it might be possible, that the user can
>> select his type of mobile device and the sync-process will change
>> field-mappings according to that setting (and perhaps this "select
>> mobile device" might be a good place to check the synched fields for
>> deleting attributes as Gunnar suggested...)
>
> No, this is not necessary and doesn't make much sense. There are only
> so many properties possible for vCard or SIF-C data.

Don't understand your answer....
- I know this is not possible at the moment - that's why I wanted to
make some tests if it might be possible to implement...

- why does that not make sense? Nearly every mobile device has different
Field-Maps (eg. the telephone-numbers!) So why not make a possibility to
change the mappings on a per user base? IMHO that makes sense!

regards
Lukas

--

software security networks