[sync] Synching Birthday-entries?

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Wed Apr 9 22:06:04 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Zitat von Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>

>> Jan Schneider schrieb:

>>> It doesn't matter what these devices do internally. In the end they
>>> have to synchronize their data with a set standard. And these
>>> standards (see above) only provide a fixed set of possible
>>> properties. We already support those (to some extend).
>>
>> A fixed set of possible properties? Where in which standard is a
>> definition of possible properties (and let alone which
>> "human-readable-fieldname" they get!)? There are only rule for HOW to
>> encode things, but not WHAT.
>
> Eh? vCard and SIF-C *do* specify available contact properties.

RFC2426:
Overview:
    The profile also provides support for non-standard extensions to the
    schema. This provides the flexibility for implementations to augment
    the current capabilities of the profile in a standardized way.

and:
3.8 Extended Types
    The types defined by this document can be extended with private types
    using the non-standard, private values mechanism defined in [RFC
    2045]. Non-standard, private types with a name starting with "X-" may
    be defined bilaterally between two cooperating agents without outside
    registration or standardization.

regards
Lukas
--