[sync] Sync failed with recent Funambol client, Undefined class syncml_backend' in RPC/syncml.php

Jochem Meijers jochem at mondrian.nl
Thu Apr 10 09:14:19 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just updated to the latest CVS version of Horde, to solve a problem with
IE7 showing a blank screen when hovering over a the Reply link in IMP. While
checking to see if all the functionality still worked, I noticed syncml
syncs to funambol (can't test with anything else currently) started failing.
Checking the logs, I noticed that the server was giving back a Fatal Error:
Undefined class name 'syncml_backend' in /usr/share/php/Horde/RPC/syncml.php
on line 52

I've added this line to the top of that file, and it seems to have solved
the problem:

require_once 'SyncML/Backend.php'

I'm sure this isn't the neatest way to fix it, but for me it works ;) I hope
this helps someone.

Regards,

Jochem Meijers