[sync] Sync with mobile - error

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 26 12:13:44 UTC 2008

Zitat von Carsten Burghardt <carsten at cburghardt.com>:

> Carsten Burghardt schrieb:
>> Jan Schneider schrieb:

>>> You need newer Horde versions.
>>>
>>> Jan.
>>>
>> I upgraded from 3.2-RC3 to 3.2.1 but the error persists. The sync
>> log looks like this:
>>
>> DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
>> DEBUG:  Started at 2008-06-20 21:15:07. Packet logged in
>> /tmp/sync/client_10.wbxml
>> DEBUG:  New session created: 2a6760c69b5655789ea504305df33753
>> DEBUG:  Checking authentication for user carsten
>> DEBUG:  Authenticated: yes; version: 1.1; message ID: 1; source
>> URI: IMEI:355658010039044; target URI:
>> http://static.145.75.46.78.clients.your-server.de:80/horde/rpc.php;
>> user: carsten; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: yes
>> DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::eraseMap(): DELETE FROM
>> horde_syncml_map WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ? AND syncml_db = ? AND
>> syncml_uid = ?, values: IMEI:355658010039044, tasks, carsten
>> DEBUG:  Creating SyncML_Sync object for database tasks; sync type 201
>> DEBUG:  Received <Final> from client.
>> DEBUG:  Handle <Final> for state Init
>> DEBUG:  Sending <Final> to client
>> DEBUG:  Return message completed
>> DEBUG:  Finished at 2008-06-20 21:15:07. Packet logged in
>> /tmp/sync/server_10.wbxml
>>
>> The client reports a decoding error.
>>

>> Carsten
> Nobody has an idea what is going on? I've attached the client and
> server logs, just in case it helps.
> I'm a programmer and I know PHP but unfortunately I have no clue
> about syncml therefore I don't know where to start debugging this.

You probably won't like the answer, but you have to talk to the
manufacturer. If they are not able to produce a proper error message
beside "decoding error", while the package sent to the phone is
perfectly fine, we don't even have a starting point to start locating
the problem.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/