[sync] Request to re-open Bug #6995

Justin Wainwright jwain at umd.umich.edu
Mon Sep 8 20:57:37 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have tested a number of versions of CVS code against a few different
versions of Funambol sync clients over the past month on Blackberry
devices and it appears that this bug may not be formally resolved yet.
The problem is specifically with data going from the Blackberry into
Horde.  I've tested this with Funambol clients 6.6.0, 7.0.0, and the
latest, 7.0.7.  The Blackberry is a 8830 running OS v4.2.2.176.

The attached data is from a recover operation attempted from the
Blackberry to a clean calendar in Horde- the database ends up only
showing one event, starting and ending on 12-31-1969 at 7pm.  Although
the calendar has 11 total events (some recurring, some not), the sync
operation ends up counting up to 7/11 events synced and then the client
claims the operation was successful (and therefore no log gets created
in the funambol client).  No errors are reported to the php error log
either.

I just did a CVS update today of all files so the code should be as
current as it gets.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-JW