[sync] Fwd: Horde, SyncML and field mapping

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Dec 3 21:56:41 UTC 2008

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von bomhardt at bomhardt.de -----
      Datum: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:23:43 +0100
        Von: Christian Bomhardt <bomhardt at bomhardt.de>
    Betreff: Horde, SyncML and field mapping
         An: jan at horde.org

Hi Jan,

first of all, horde is a wonderful and great piece of software, I
really like it. Thanks a lot. On monday, I just upgraded my old
installation to the current 1.2 webmail in 2 hours - rather good thing
especially if I consider the first install that took me several days...

One small thing is still missing from my side: an easy way to provide
field mappings for SyncML - I'm trying to sync my adress book to a HTC
Touch 3G with Funambol and really run into trouble as the fields don't
match (I don't use the default fields but adjusted it before). Is
there an easy way to map between SyncML device fields and turba fields
or do I have to manually adjust the Driver.php?

If you provide me some hints, I'm giving it a try. If I succed, I will
provide you the code back - as the Touch 3G is sold by 1 & 1 in
Germany, I'd rather expect a larger audience interested in syncing
horde with that device...

Thanks for your recommendations,

Christian

--