[sync] Using SyncML Server from Horde with different Clients

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 18 00:25:56 UTC 2008

Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello
>
> we are testing the SyncML Part of Horde and have found the follwoing issues:
>
> - To get it working with latest Horde/Turba we have to install the
> Pear Modules "SOAP" and "XML_Parser". Both are not mentioned in the
> install docs until now. The "XML_Parser" is particular odd because
> without it the sync silently fail. As far as i can see the
> XML_Parser is used by MDB2 but listed as optional.

Why? There is no reason why they should be installed.

> - Syncing contacts only works if the source in question has
> "use_shares=true" set. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not,
> but it should go in the documentation.

It should work with any source, as long as there are sufficient permissions.

> Client related problems :
>
> - The Funambol Outlook Client (Version 7.0.7 tested) works well
> against Horde  SyncML
>
> - The Funambol Thunderbird PlugIN is broken (Tested Version 0.5, 0.7
> and latest 0.8) at least on windows with versions > 0.5 :-(

People reported that 0.8 is working while earlier versions have been broken.

> - The Funambol PocketPC Plugin does not work when using the latest
> release (7.0.8) because it sends a SyncML "configuration" request
> before you can even change any settings. This is not supported by
> Horde SyncML and lead to the follwoing error message
> horde] Error in adding client entry due to replace request: The
> method "configuration/import" is not defined in the Horde Registry.
> [pid 7760 on line 332 of "/srv/www/horde/lib/SyncML/Sync.php"]
>
> The older Version 6.5.x works fine.

There really should be some option to turn this off. There is no 7.x
version for my older Pocket PC, so I can't test this myself.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/