[sync] Using SyncML Server from Horde with different Clients

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Dec 18 16:07:39 UTC 2008

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> we are testing the SyncML Part of Horde and have found the follwoing issues:
>>
>> - To get it working with latest Horde/Turba we have to install the
>> Pear Modules "SOAP" and "XML_Parser". Both are not mentioned in the
>> install docs until now. The "XML_Parser" is particular odd because
>> without it the sync silently fail. As far as i can see the
>> XML_Parser is used by MDB2 but listed as optional.
>
> Why? There is no reason why they should be installed.

Maybe a "red herring". I still have one user where syncing fails for
some of the contacts while on the other server contacts are working...

>> - Syncing contacts only works if the source in question has
>> "use_shares=true" set. Not sure if this is intended behavior or
>> not, but it should go in the documentation.
>
> It should work with any source, as long as there are sufficient permissions.

The permissions have not changed only the use_shares where turned
on/off. With "true" it works, with false it does not.

>> Client related problems :
>>
>> - The Funambol Outlook Client (Version 7.0.7 tested) works well
>> against Horde  SyncML
>>
>> - The Funambol Thunderbird PlugIN is broken (Tested Version 0.5,
>> 0.7 and latest 0.8) at least on windows with versions > 0.5 :-(
>
> People reported that 0.8 is working while earlier versions have been broken.

Tested on two fresh installs on windows and the error is always that
the PlugIN does not find its propertiy files. The path logged for this
consists half of Windows ("\" separator) notation and half of Unix
notation ("/" separator) ...
With this the PlugIn is able to do a fresh sync, but no updates as it
is not able to "remember" state. Not a Horde problem though.

>> - The Funambol PocketPC Plugin does not work when using the latest
>> release (7.0.8) because it sends a SyncML "configuration" request
>> before you can even change any settings. This is not supported by
>> Horde SyncML and lead to the follwoing error message
>> horde] Error in adding client entry due to replace request: The
>> method "configuration/import" is not defined in the Horde Registry.
>> [pid 7760 on line 332 of "/srv/www/horde/lib/SyncML/Sync.php"]
>>
>> The older Version 6.5.x works fine.
>
> There really should be some option to turn this off. There is no 7.x
> version for my older Pocket PC, so I can't test this myself.

You must first enter the user/pwd settings before you can change
anything, but the authentication fails because of the failing
"configuration".
Also not a Horde problem.

What gives more headache are the reccuring patterns for calendar
events but this is another thread.

Regards

Andreas