[sync] Inconsistent "ReccurenceType" for yearly events

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Dec 18 15:53:10 UTC 2008

Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello
>
> we have the problem that events that have yearly reccurence change
> reccurence after being modified on the server and synced to the
> device. This is with Outlook Funambol PlugIN with all latest
> versions. What we have found is that the event is created with
> ReccurenceType=5 but sent to the client with RecurrenceType=6 after
> modified at the server.
>
> To reproduce :
>
> Create event with yearly schedule in Outlook and sync to the server.
> In Kronolith the event shows up fine.
> Change something other than schedule (eg. Starttime) with Kronolith
> and sync it back to the client.
>
> The event shows up in Outlook with yearly xx weekday in <month>

I have tracked down the problem to horde/lib/SyncML/Device/Sync4i.php.
It seams the more komplex recurrence pattern are not (well) supported
until now in Horde/SyncML despite the fact that Kronolith (iCal) is
able to do so. I will try to patch Sync4i.php to get a better match
for recurrence between SIF-E and iCal.

Any comments if this is the correct approach??

Many thanks

Andreas