[sync] Inconsistent "ReccurenceType" for yearly events

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri Dec 19 15:12:54 UTC 2008

Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

>> Hello
>>
>> we have the problem that events that have yearly reccurence change
>> reccurence after being modified on the server and synced to the
>> device. This is with Outlook Funambol PlugIN with all latest
>> versions. What we have found is that the event is created with
>> ReccurenceType=5 but sent to the client with RecurrenceType=6 after
>> modified at the server.
>>
>> To reproduce :
>>
>> Create event with yearly schedule in Outlook and sync to the
>> server. In Kronolith the event shows up fine.
>> Change something other than schedule (eg. Starttime) with Kronolith
>> and sync it back to the client.
>>
>> The event shows up in Outlook with yearly xx weekday in <month>
>
> I have tracked down the problem to
> horde/lib/SyncML/Device/Sync4i.php. It seams the more komplex
> recurrence pattern are not (well) supported until now in
> Horde/SyncML despite the fact that Kronolith (iCal) is able to do
> so. I will try to patch Sync4i.php to get a better match for
> recurrence between SIF-E and iCal.

I have created a patch for "Sync4i.php" but there are other cases
where Sync4i.php create wrong SIF-E or iCal values. Strange thing is
that some of them are corrected as soon as they show up in kronolith.
Is there some other place where the files from /tmp/sync are altered
again? I was under the impression that the files from /tmp/sync get
imported to kronolith directly??
Someone has a flow-chart at hand for SyncML??

Many thanks

Regards

Andreas