[sync] SUID conflict

Alex . one_man_army16 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:06:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am having suid conflicts when syncing from my BlackBerry. Here's the story:
Basically, I did an initial sync from Thunderbird -> Horde (with Funambol plugin). This works fine.
Then, I installed the Funambol plugin on my BlackBerry and got my Thunderbird contacts on my BB.
The problem is when I create a contact on my BB and want to sync it, it doesn't get stored in Horde because the server always sees the same syncml_suid coming from the BB for any new contact I create:

NOTICE: Adding client entry to server: already exists with server id 20081209145329.1732241njbnqu8kk@[horde url]DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::_getSuid(): SELECT syncml_suid FROM horde_syncml_map WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ? AND syncml_db = ? AND syncml_uid = ? AND syncml_cuid = ?, values: fbb-[numbers], contacts, [my e-mail], 260599583DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::createUidMap(): INSERT INTO horde_syncml_map (syncml_suid, syncml_timestamp, syncml_syncpartner, syncml_db, syncml_uid, syncml_cuid) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?), values: 20081209145329.1732241njbnqu8kk@[horde url], 0, fbb-[numbers], contacts, [my e-mail], 260599583DEBUG:  Added client entry as 20081209145329.1732241njbnqu8kk@[horde url]

Even if I delete the entry on my BB, sync (with no conflicts as there is no add), create a new address book entry and resync, the server tells me there's a conflict with that same suid again (which actually exists in the DB for another contact).
Note that I also did syncs before and after creating the contact (to make sure the server gave me 0 changes/adds/deletes etc) so the suid in question really seems to be the one used for every new contact I create on my BB. As I was writing this e-mail, I even noticed in my logs that I once had over 10 new contacts to add from BB to Horde and I got the same number of "already exists" messages, all with the same suid as above.
Which brings me to my next question: is the suid provided by Horde or by the funambol BB client?

Another strange thing that I noticed is that the timestamp is 0. Is this normal?

I am using Horde 3.2.1 on CentOS 5.2 and Funambol blackberry client v7.0.7.
Thanks!

-Alex