[sync] BlackBerry and Two-Way Sync

list at cykotix.com list at cykotix.com
Tue Jul 21 18:50:41 UTC 2009

Quoting Patrick Lahni <list at cykotix.com>:

> I appear to have fixed it!  I went back through and stripped any
> non-essential data from horde_cache, horde_histories,
> horde_histories_seq, horde_sessionhandler, horde_syncml_anchors,
> horde_syncml_map, horde_tokens, horde_vfs, horde_vfs_seq.  Low and
> behold it seems to be working.  New contacts get the Created field.
> Existing contacts though do not have the Created field.  However,
> once I go through and resave them, they get the Last Modified field.
>
> Weird, eh?

I've spoken too soon.  I am able to sync calendar/notes/tasks now
(though with some oddities and duplication at times), but it seems to
work after I try updating on both ends a couple of times.

Contacts are still proving to be a royal pain.  However, I think it is
almost working:

DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
DEBUG:  Started at 2009-07-21 14:35:36. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/client_2530.xml
DEBUG:  New session created: f7df89a9e23a2728c73299f2987332b6
DEBUG:  Checking authentication for user user at xxx.com
DEBUG:  Authenticated: yes; version: 1.2; message ID: 1; source URI:
fbb-817125350; target URI: https://xxx.xxx.com/rpc.php; user:
user at xxx.com; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: no
DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::readSyncAnchors(): SELECT
syncml_clientanchor, syncml_serveranchor FROM horde_syncml_anchors
WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ? AND syncml_db = ? AND syncml_uid = ?,
values: fbb-817125350, contacts, user at xxx.com
DEBUG:  Previous sync found for database card; client timestamp: 1248199115023
DEBUG:  Anchor timestamps match, TwoWaySync possible. Syncing data
since 2009-07-21 14:00:45
DEBUG:  Creating SyncML_Sync object for database card; sync type 200
DEBUG:  Received <Final> from client.
DEBUG:  Handle <Final> for state Init
DEBUG:  Sending <Final> to client
DEBUG:  Return message completed
DEBUG:  Finished at 2009-07-21 14:35:37. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/server_2530.xml

DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
DEBUG:  Started at 2009-07-21 14:35:44. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/client_2531.xml
DEBUG:  Existing session continued: f7df89a9e23a2728c73299f2987332b6
DEBUG:  Authenticated: yes; version: 1.2; message ID: 2; source URI:
fbb-817125350; target URI: https://xxx.xxx.com/rpc.php; user:
user at xxx.com; charset: UTF-8; wbxml: no
DEBUG:  Created device class SyncML_Device_Sync4j
DEBUG:  Received <Final> from client.
DEBUG:  Handle <Final> for state Sync
DEBUG:  Creating <Sync> output for server changes in database card
DEBUG:  Created device class SyncML_Device_Sync4j
DEBUG:  Compiling server changes from 2009-07-21 14:00:45 to
2009-07-21 14:35:37
DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::_getChangeTS(): SELECT
syncml_timestamp FROM horde_syncml_map WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ?
AND syncml_db = ? AND syncml_uid = ? AND syncml_suid = ?, values:
fbb-817125350, contacts, user at xxx.com,
20090721140202.63851yi2f67y8z9c at xxx.xxx.com

[snip, much more of that same type entry]

DEBUG:  Adding to client from db contacts, server id
20090721140202.25067bwebpfg6pcs at user.xxx.com
DEBUG:  SQL Query by SyncML_Backend_Horde::_getCuid(): SELECT
syncml_cuid FROM horde_syncml_map WHERE syncml_syncpartner = ? AND
20090721140202.25067bwebpfg6pcs at xxx.xxx.com
DEBUG:  Modifying on client from db contacts, client id 1146025301 ->
server id 20090721140202.25067bwebpfg6pcs at xxx.xxx.com
DEBUG:  Sending 2 server changes for client URI card
DEBUG:  Sending add from server: 20090721140648.17794j6z0zcatta8 at xxx.xxx.com
DEBUG:  Created device class SyncML_Device_Sync4j
DEBUG:  Sending replace from server:
20090721140202.25067bwebpfg6pcs at xxx.xxx.com
DEBUG:  Created device class SyncML_Device_Sync4j
DEBUG:  Sending <Final> to client
DEBUG:  Return message completed
DEBUG:  Finished at 2009-07-21 14:35:44. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/server_2531.xml

I modified 1 entry and added another server side, yet they are not
updating on the device.  Logging is set to ERROR and the device log is
empty.

Any ideas where to run with this?

Patrick