[sync] Horde Nokia E70 sync problem

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:56:57 UTC 2009

> Note that I run my webmail over https. Since my phone isn't capable to
> connect
> over https, when trying to sync, I connect unecrypted to an instance of
> stunnel that encrypts traffic to apache.
>
> The E70 should be close to a Nokia E71, in this aspect, which reportedly
> can
> sync with Horde.
> Can anybody give some insight in what's wrong with my setup?

It's not *that* close since it's an older model with a different OS version
IIRC.
I had a similar problem with my E61: https doesn't work if you don't import
your certificate in the phone.

You should:
- acquire the certificate in Firefox (it's done automatically when you tell
FF to "connect anyway" and remember the decision)
- export the certificate as a binary CER file (from Preferences / Advanced /
Ciphers / Show Certs)
- put your file somewhere on the https server
- download the file using the phone browser and add it to the trusted certs

Newer Symbians (ie E71) propose to do all this automatically after you try
to sync for the first time.

Ciao,
  Roberto