[sync] SyncML: No DTD found for -//SYNCML//DTD

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Oct 28 17:39:25 UTC 2009

Assuming that's the case, why not update the Wiki to indicate that.  I went down the apt-get route for 2 reasons.

::	When I last tried to install Horde, .deb packages didn't exist.
::	My apache/php/pear/mysql installs are all .deb packages for this reason and getting a manual install to play with .deb installs is hellishly complex in my experience.  I gave up because it was several levels above my ability to get it to work.

Perhaps, given the effort I went to to provide a full problem description (and for the benefit of others who may find this thread), you could a) give a short - even really short - description of how I can bring my current install up to date or b) reassurances that manual install to /usr/share/horde3 will function with the .deb installs of php/apache/mysql

I've loved horde as a user for almost 6 years.  Having gotten this installation working - for the most part - I've been fulfilled as an admin.  I appreciate your effort on the code and the quick response, but google hasn't been able to help - it would be nice if you could offer a few more pointers.

Thanks.

SPB