[sync] SyncML: No DTD found for -//SYNCML//DTD

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Oct 29 15:48:22 UTC 2009

Frankly, it wouldn't hurt to point out in that remark that the Debian packages are out-dated and that posters with issues shouldn't expect support for them.  You know they are out of date.  We users don't necessarily.

> > I went down the apt-get route for 2 reasons.
> >
> > ::	When I last tried to install Horde, .deb packages didn't exist.
>
> We don't provide distribution packages. The distribution maintainers
> do.n

I'm aware of that.  But having them provide outdated packages can't help you.  So it's in your interests to point this out.

> > Perhaps, given the effort I went to to provide a full problem
> > description (and for the benefit of others who may find this
> > thread), you could a) give a short - even really short - description
> > of how I can bring my current install up to date or b) reassurances
> > that manual install to /usr/share/horde3 will function with the .deb
> > installs of php/apache/mysql
>
> Sure it does, and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't, now or in the
> past. Read docs/UPGRADING for upgrading instructions.

Regardless of my progress on this, I still can't find the NLS and String pear packages in the pear.horde.org channel that you assert are required for Funambol clients to work.  Your assistance on that at least would be appreciated.

3. If you want to use the Funambol clients, you also need iCalendar, String and NLS:

pear install --force -c pear.horde.org iCalendar String NLS

Thanks.

SPB