[sync] Sync Terminated Abnormally

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Nov 2 09:44:11 UTC 2009

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

> Hi
>
> I need help debugging an sync issue.  My phone is a Sony Ericsson.
> The Contacts synced perfectly (148) but the Calendar seemed to fail
> on 27/43 (mostly birthdays).
>
> The last line in the horde.log is:
>
> Oct 30 20:58:43 HORDE [notice] [horde] Adding client entry to
> server: already exists with server id
> 20091030165317.19253dj87xpyyx4w at webmail.lydiard.net [pid 19005 on
> line 407 of "/usr/share/horde3/lib/SyncML/Backend/Horde.php"]

That message is pretty clear. But it wouldn't cause the sychronization
to fail. It just skips that record.

> Without doing a manual check against every single appointment - how
> can I see which one caused the sync to fail?

The one with the uid from that log message. You can search for that
uid in your database table. Though it shouldn't cause the
synchronization to fail.

> The phone just dies with Operation Failed - The Server Answer was invalid.

Mobile devices are really lame when it comes to useful error messages
or even debugging problems. All you can do is to check the wiki how to
report SyncML problems.

> Also, it would be nice to be able to sync the Bookmarks - the phone
> supports this DB, but Horde doesn't seem to (yet)..

You don't even have a Horde bookmark application installed, where
should those bookmarks be synched? Beside that, we don't support
synchronization with our bookmark application yet anyway, see
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7250

> Finally, on an unrelated issue there is also this in the log every 5
> minutes, but I can't find anything on google about it - I don't
> believe it's related, but if you can point me in the right direction
> to fix, that would be great.
>
> Oct 30 21:00:01 HORDE [error] [kronolith] Required "horde_base" not
> specified in VFS configuration. [pid 19373 on line 77 of
> "/usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Scheduler.php"]

You didn't set up a VFS backend in your Horde configuration, which is
necessary for the scheduler script.

> Horde is 3.3.5
>
> Address Book (turba)  H3 (2.3.2)  	   		Application is ready.
> Calendar Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.3.2) 		Application is ready.
> Dynamic Mail Dynamic Mail (dimp) H3 (1.1.3) 	Application is ready.
> File Manager File Manager (gollem) H3 (1.1) 	Application is ready.
> Filters Filters (ingo) H3 (1.2.2) 			Application is ready.
> Forwards Forwards (forwards) H3 (3.1) 		Application is ready.
> Horde Horde (horde) 3.3.5 				Application is ready.
> Mail Mail (imp) H3 (4.3.5) 				Application is ready.
> Notes Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.2.2) 			Application is ready.
> Password Password (passwd) H3 (3.1.1) 		Application is ready.
> Tasks Tasks (nag) H3 (2.3.3) 				Application is ready.
> Tickets Tickets (whups) H3 (1.0) 			Application is ready.
> Vacation Vacation (vacation) H3 (3.1) 		Application is ready.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/