[sync] Problem synchronizing LDAP addressbook

Dave Addison dave at redmoor.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 22:10:46 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 20:24:54 David Hoover wrote:
> Dave.
>
> I tried adding a dummy entry, and all sorts of other stuff. Nothing
> works. So your config isn't working right, either?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.
No, it wasn't updating entries changed on the phone to the server. Entries
modified on the server would create a new entry on the phone rather than
overwriting the existing one.

In the end, I deleted all the entries on the server and told the client to
reload the server. The client said everything finished OK but the server
address book  didn't have any entries (except the single test entry I'd
created).

I haven't really had a chance to have a proper look at it but I did notice
these "add ignored" messages in the sync log. No idea yet why teh add was
ignored though

Dave