[sync] umlaut problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 7 10:11:17 UTC 2010

Zitat von Gregor Glashüttner <gregorprivat at gmail.com>:

> 2010/1/6 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>> Weird. Try "-o -" instead. Though you won't need this for debugging your
>> problem anyway.
>
> Tried that already, same result... Maybe libwbxml2 is somehow broken
> on my architecture (armv5tel)...?
>
>> That's fine, if you configured Horde to store the data iso-8859-1 encoded in
>> the database backend.
>
> Ok, here we go! Thanks for that hint! There was utf-8 in
> $conf[sql][charset]. If i change that, the umlauts in the events are
> alright, but others (e.g. my name on the top right) are messed up.

Of course. As I said it was fine if you had been using iso-8859-1
encoding for your database, but you didn't. That probably means that
data was sent iso-8859-1 encoded, but Horde thought it was utf-8
encoded, so it didn't convert it to utf-8 for the backend, like it
should.
Either you have hit a bug in Horde, or the client is sending wrong
charset information, or no information at all.

>> So, the tasks end up in the table, but they don't show up in the task list?
>> Not even when displaying all tasks and choosing all task lists in the panel
>> in the top right?
>
> The events were there, in detail view only the umlaut was messed up
> but in overwiew the whole title was missing.
>
> So what should i do now to correct that? I already did "SET NAMES
> 'utf8'" in mysql, tried this:
> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/TIP_Convert_latin1_to_UTF-8_in_MySQL
>
> Regards, Gregor
>

> --