[sync] Fwd: Re: Android

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 18 13:47:51 UTC 2010

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von thunderbird at glr.ch -----
      Datum: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:42:51 +0100
        Von: Rolf Gloor <thunderbird at glr.ch>
    Betreff: Re: Android
         An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Am 05.01.2010 23:21, schrieb Jan Schneider:
> Zitat von sjau <sjau at sjau.ch>:
>
>> On Tuesday, 5. January 2010 18.57:25 Jefferson Davis wrote:
>>> We are evaluating new phones for our administrator (Principals, supt,
>>> etc)
>>> - just got an android for testing.
>>>
>>> No go (generic error?) and only does contacts at this time.
>>>
>>> Soooo... Can anyone recommend a smartphone that syncs well w/horde?
>>>
>>> iphone works w/synthesis client, but would rather not have to pay for
>>> the
>>> priviledge.
>>>
>> Does Android not have SyncML?
>
> No, Jefferson was using the client from Funambol. He didn't mention, but
> I see the same error, that's why I know. I also know what the problem
> is, it seems to be a problem with the Android client, that's still in
> alpha state.
> We (actually only Michael so far) are working on an ActiveSync
> implementation for Horde currently though, so iPhones, Androids, and
> actually any device that supports Exchange accounts, can sync with Horde.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan

I tried to answer your above message in the newsgroup. (I successfully
answered threads in (other) horde newsgroups before.)
However, this time, it again required a confirmation by eMail.
Where as this time, the confirmation has not been accepted.

What I have changed in the meantime (between successful posting and
this posting attempt) was, that I switched to secure connection to our
web hoster. This required changing the mail-server name from
mail.glr.ch (my eMail address here is: thunderbird at glr.ch) to
login-36.hoststar.ch (where hoststar is my web hoster and login-36 my
login server.)

first answer was:

Am 08.01.2010 20:31, schrieb Gmane Autoauthorizer:
> You are now authorized to post to the
> gmane.comp.horde.sync newsgroup.
>
> The original message you sent to the newsgroup will be
> posted within ten minutes.
>
> If you have any questions, they are most likely answered
> in the FAQ:<URL: http://gmane.org/faq.php>.

however, afterwards I received the following message:

Am 08.01.2010 20:35, schrieb sync-owner at lists.horde.org:
> You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
> been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
> being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
> sync-owner at lists.horde.org.

eMails to the requested eMail address (sync-owner at lists.horde.org)
have however not been answered so far. That is why I contact you
directly.

BTW, this web hoster is where I use the horde groupware. (Installed
there by default as mail program, web mail, cloud groupware, etc.)

Do you have any help? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Rolf Gloor