[sync] umlaut problem

Gregor Glashüttner gregorprivat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:44:11 UTC 2010

Hi Jan!

2010/1/7 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> Of course. As I said it was fine if you had been using iso-8859-1 encoding
> for your database, but you didn't. That probably means that data was sent
> iso-8859-1 encoded, but Horde thought it was utf-8 encoded, so it didn't
> convert it to utf-8 for the backend, like it should.
> Either you have hit a bug in Horde, or the client is sending wrong charset
> information, or no information at all.

Maybe you could try once more to help me? I investigated a little further...

I´m quite sure now my database is in UTF-8 (i have
default_character_set = utf8 in [mysqld] and [client] in
/etc/mysql/my.cnf).
I have $conf['sql']['charset'] = 'utf-8'; in horde´s conf.php
And i even set default_charset = "utf-8" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
(the default is iso-8859-1).

When i create an event (task, whatever) on my phone and sync to horde,
in /tmp/sync/data.txt i find:

SUMMARY;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=D6

The Umlaut is correct in the database. In Horde there is only a sign
(something like �).

If i change that in horde to an umlaut, the entry in the database is
wrong (Ö) but if i sync that event back to the Phone the correct
Umlaut is there (Ö) and /tmp/sync/data.txt contains:

SUMMARY;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE;CHARSET=UTF-8:=C3=96

So it seems like my phone is not sending any charset information? Is
there a way to set this information manually in horde?
But why is the database entry wrong when adding something from horde?

Regards, Gregor

--
Partykeller
www.meineparty.at